THE PLANT FOR TESTING COATINGS SAMPLES UNDER VARIABLE LOADS
While in operation, the parts with the applied coatings often work under variable loads, which affects the service life of the products. Many papers deal with the study of fatigue properties of such products, however, the study of the influence of variable loads on the structure and properties of the coatings has a fragmented nature. As the determination of fatigue characteristics of samples with the applied coatings is still important, the goal of this paper is to develop the design of the plant for fatigue tests and the technique of testing the samples with coatings under the variable loads.
To develop the technique of fatigue tests, the authors created a unique design plant. When developing the plant, the authors considered the fact that the loading of a sample should be regular that the base and the substrate materials will experience stresses constant along the full length of a sample.
Using the analytical solution of the strength task, the authors developed the technique of determining the stresses in a coating and a substrate. To prove the appropriateness of using the suggested technique, the numerical methods were used. For this purpose, using the Comsol Multiphysics software in a 2-D setup, the authors were solving the task of determining stresses in a sample consisted of two layers of the materials.
In the result of the study, the authors developed the design of an experimental plant for testing samples with coatings with the maximum tensile force of 5000 N and the possibility of smooth change of vibrational frequency.
The authors developed and tested the technique of testing samples with coatings without separation of a coating from a substrate. The study showed that the application of the described technique is reasonable if the thickness of a coating is not more than 7 % of the thickness of a substrate.
2. Venediktov N.L., Kovensky I.M., Chernomorchenko V.I. Experimental methods for electrocoatings tests varying loads. Galvanotekhnika i obraboka poverkhnosti, 2014, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 54–56.
3. Tushinsky L.I., Plokhov A.V. Issledovanie struktury i fiziko-mekhanicheskikh svoystv pokrytiy [Study of the structure and physico-mechanical properties of coatings]. Novosibirsk, Nauka Publ., 1986. 198 p.
4. Volkov I.A., Korotkikh Yu.G., Tarasov I.S., Shishulin D.N. Numerical modeling of elastoplastic deformation and damage accumulation in metals under low-cycle fatigue conditions. Strength materials, 2011, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 471–485.
5. Rakitsky A.A. Investigation of fatigue strength of machine components with thermal spray coatings under cyclic push/pull conditions. Vestnik Baranovichskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Tekhnicheskie nauki, 2016, no. 4, pp. 62–67.
6. Rakitsky A.A. Influence of loading conditions on a fatigue endurance for components with wear-resistant coatings. Novosti nauki i tekhnologiy, 2016, no. 1, pp. 3–7.
7. Kovensky I.M., Povetkin V.V. Ispytaniya galvanicheskikh pokrytiy [Electroplating testing]. Moscow, Intermet Inzhiniring Publ., 2001. 136 p.
8. Tushinsky L., Kovensky I., Plokhov A., Sindeev V., Rechedko P. Coated Metal. Structure and Properties of Metal Coating Compositions. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, Springer-Verlag, 2002. 458 p.
9. Nurakov S., Belotserkovsky M.A., Ayaganova A.Zh. Study of fatigue resistance of parts with sprayed coatings. Novosti nauki Kazakhstana, 2017, no. 1, pp. 127–135.
10. Maksimovich G.G., Shatinsky V.F., Kopylov V.I. Fiziko-khimicheskie protsessy pri plazmennom napylenii i razrushenii materialov s pokrytiyami [Physico-chemical processes during plasma spraying and destruction of coated materials]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1983. 264 p.
11. Chaevsky M.I., Shatinsky V.F. Povyshenie rabotosposobnosti staley v agressivnykh sredakh pri tsiklicheskom nagruzhenii [Improving the performance of steels in aggressive environments under cyclic loading]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1970. 310 p.
12. Karpenko G.V., Pokhmursky V.I., Dalisov V.B. Vliyanie diffuzionnykh pokrytiy na prochnost’ stalnykh izdeliy [The effect of diffusion coatings on the strength of steel products]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1971. 167 p.
13. Vasil’ev V.I., Ovsyanikov V.E., Nekrasov R.Yu., Tempel’ Yu.A. Influence of diffusional surface alloying on the hardenend-layer thickness for gray-iron machine parts. Russian Engineering Research, 2018, no. 5, pp. 33–35.
14. Kalmutskii V.S. Strength and reliability of parts with metal coatings. Strength of Materials, 1980, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 1162–1169.
15. Volkov I.A., Igumnov L.A., Tarasov I.S. Evaluating fatigue life of materials and structures under low-cycle loading. Vychislitelnaya mekhanika sploshnykh sred, 2017, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 17–30.
16. Pobirovskii V.I. A unit for fatigue testing of materials at low temperatures. Strength of Materials, 1972, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 1539–1541.
17. Tushinsky L.I., Tikhomirova L.B., Muratov V.M. A stand for studying the behavior of steel under cyclic loading. Zavodskaya laboratoriya, 1973, no. 4, pp. 491–492.
18. Erpalov A.V., Shefer L.A., Rikhter E.E., Taranenko P.A. Fatigue tests of materials and structures using modern equipment. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Mashinostroenie, 2015, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 70–80.
19. Raspopina V.B., Khakimdzhanov R.R. Training equipment WP for fatigue test. Molodezhniy vestnik IrGTU, 2016, no. 1, p. 6.
20. She M., He G., Zhang H., Zhang F. Dynamic strain aging in 321 stainless steel during low cycle fatigue test. Tongji Daxue Xuebao, 2014, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 1391–1394.
21. Park J.H., Myung M.S., Kim Y.J. High cycle tensile and fatigue test for thin Al-3 % Ti films. Sensors and actuators, 2008, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 561–569.
22. Arefinkina S.E., Denisov R.A., Morozov A.A., Surin V.I. Relationship between deformational activity of the surface and electric properties of materials. Modern problems of theory of machines, 2016, no. 4, pp. 177–183.
23. Gots A.N. Raschety na prochnost’ pri peremennykh napryazheniyakh [Strength calculations at alternating voltages]. Vladimir, VlGU Publ., 2012. 138 p.
24. Manoj V., Manohar Shenoy K., Gopinath K. Developmental studies on rolling contact fatigue test rig. Wear, 2008, vol. 264, no. 7-8, pp. 708–718.
25. Tomaszewski T., Sempruch J. Verification of the fatigue test method applied with the use of mini specimen. Key Engineering Materials, 2014, vol. 598, pp. 243–248.
26. Venediktov N.L., Venediktov A.N., Kovensky I.M. Tests coatings under variable loads. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Neft’ i gaz, 2017, no. 1, pp. 95–98.
The authors who publish their manuscripts in “Vektor Nauki of Togliatti State University” Journal agree that:
- When submitting a manuscript to the Editors of “Vektor Nauki of Togliatti State University” Journal, the author accepts that the Editors have the exclusive property rights for the paper use (material submitted to the Editors including such protected by the copyright law objects as figures, charts, tables, etc.), including the rights for reproduction in print and on the Internet; distribution; translation of the materials into English.
- The author guarantees that (s)he has exclusive copyright for the material submitted to the Editors. Shall this guarantee be violated and shall the Editors receive any complaints or claims as a result, the Author shall settle all claims and complaints at his/her own and at his/her expense. The Editors shall not be held liable to a third party for violation of the guarantees given by the Author.
- The Author shall retain the right to use his/her published material, its fragments and paragraphs for personal and teaching purposes. Copying the materials published in the journal can only be allowed to other individuals or legal entities by a written consent from the Editors with a reference to the particular issue (year of publishing) in which the material was published.