THE HISTORY OF TRAINING WIDE PROFILE SPECIALISTS AT KALININGRAD PEDAGOGICAL INSTITUTE IN THE 1950–60S
At present, in a changing socio-economic situation, the experience of a regional pedagogical university might be valuable for solving current problems in education. In this regard, historical and pedagogical studies of the issues described in the work can be of great interest.
The paper discusses the features of training specialists of a wide profile at Kaliningrad State Pedagogical Institute in the 1950–60s. It reveals the role of the Physics Department teachers in the reorganization of the educational process when implementing a new academic curriculum. The reasons are described why the employees of the Department of Physics experienced significant difficulties in their work. The task of the teachers involved the radical restructuring of the educational process: revision of the curriculum and programs, supplying classrooms and laboratories with the equipment for the purpose of polytechnic training of students. Besides, great importance at the institute was given to the work of Student Societies in connection with the transition to training specialists of a wide profile. The organization of students’ internship at the city enterprises contributed to the rapprochement of Kaliningrad Pedagogical Institute with industry. Employees of the Department of Physics took part in the experiments conducted by enterprises and studied the problems emerging in the production process. The author analyzes the events in which the teachers of the Department of Physics took part to improve methodological work at the Pedagogical Institute aimed at more efficient training of graduates of the Physics Department. The reasons are described which explain why Kaliningrad State Pedagogical Institute returned to the training of single-skilled specialists in 1963. As a result, the curriculum was simplified, students had time for independent work, and teachers were able to carry out scientific and methodological work at a higher level. Using the experience of a regional pedagogical university can be useful in solving urgent problems in education in a changing socio-economic situation.
2. Kurganskiy A.A. The database of the staff of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal university from 1947 to the present time. Osennyaya shkola po gumanitarnoy informatike. Kaliningrad, Baltiyskiy federalnyy universitet imeni Immanuila Kanta Publ., 2017, pp. 37–42.
3. Orlova M.M. The political culture of the students in the context of regional characteristics of the university system of Russia (on the example of the Kaliningrad region). Etnosotsium i mezhnatsionalnaya kultura, 2015, no. 3, pp. 133–139.
4. Sergeeva S.V., Kozlova E.V. Historical-educational research: systemic approach, principles, methods. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2015, no. 1-1, pp. 992–999.
5. Korneva I.P. Physical education at the regional university as a subject of historical and pedagogical research. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2018, no. 4, pp. 89–97.
6. Baranova E.V., Kurganskiy A.A. Faculty recruitment by the Kaliningrad Pedagogical Institute in 1948-the 1950s. Vestnik Baltiyskogo federalnogo universiteta im. I. Kanta. Seriya: Gumanitarnye i obshchestvennye nauki, 2019, no. 2, pp. 76–86.
7. Bordonskaya L.A., Potapov G.A., Starostina S.E. Training of Specialists in the Field of Physics and Mathematics Education: Pages from the History of the Faculty of Physics and Mathematics (1938–2012). Uchenye zapiski Zabaykalskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2018, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 135–145.
8. Shishkina M.N. Development of Physics Education in Russia. Izvestiya Rossiyskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta imeni A.I. Gertsena, 2010, no. 122, pp. 133–145.
9. Yakovlev V.I. From the history of the Physics and Mathematics Department of PSU (1916–1960). Vestnik Permskogo universiteta, 2010, no. 3, pp. 4–14.
10. Korshunov S.V., Karavaeva E.V., Popova E.P. Profiling and specialization in training for the innovative economy. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii, 2011, no. 5, pp. 10–23.
11. Tatur Yu.G. Obrazovatelnaya sistema Rossii: vysshaya shkola [Russian educational system: higher school]. Moscow, Issledovatelskiy tsentr problem kachestva podgotovki spetsialistov Publ., 1999. 278 p.
12. Order of the Minister of Higher Education of the USSR of September 09, 1954 No. 975 based on the decision of the Council of Ministers of the USSR and the Central Committee of the CPSU of August 30, 1954 “On improving the quality of training specialists of higher and secondary qualifications”. Konsultant-plyus: spravochno-pravovaya sistema. URL: consultant.ru/cons/cgi/online.cgi?req=doc&base=ESU&n=543#019884646001144013
13. Korneva I.P. Polytechnic training in the framework of physics teachers training at Kaliningrad Pedagogical Institute. Vestnik nauchnykh konferentsiy, 2019, no. 7-2, pp. 55–56.
14. Report on the work of the institute for the 1956–57 academic year. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Kaliningradskoy oblasti. F. R-65 (Kaliningradskiy gosudarstvennyy pedagogicheskiy institut). Opis 1, delo 83.
15. Report on the work of the institute for the 1957–58 academic year. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Kaliningradskoy oblasti. F. R-65 (Kaliningradskiy gosudarstvennyy pedagogicheskiy institut). Opis 1, delo 105.
16. Molchanov N. To improve the quality of young teachers training. Kaliningradskaya pravda, 1957, 9 February (no. 28), pp. 2–3.
17. Report on the work of the institute for the 1959–60 academic year. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Kaliningradskoy oblasti. F. R-65 (Kaliningradskiy gosudarstvennyy pedagogicheskiy institut). Opis 1, delo 184.
18. Solin B. Relations with schools are strengthening. Kaliningradskaya pravda, 1960, 6 September (no. 211), pp. 2–3.
19. Report on the work of the institute for the 1961–62 academic year. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Kaliningradskoy oblasti. F. R-65 (Kaliningradskiy gosudarstvennyy pedagogicheskiy institut). Opis 1, delo 253.
20. Klemeshev A.P., ed. Rossiyskiy gosudarstvennyy universitet imeni Immanuila Kanta. Istoriya i sovremennost [Immanuel Kant Russian State University. History and the present]. 2nd ed., isprav. i dop. Kaliningrad, RGU imeni I. Kanta Publ., 2008. 440 p.