THE ECONOMETRIC MODEL OF THE BANK LENDING INFLUENCE ON THE LONG-TERM GROWTH RATE OF THE RUSSIAN ECONOMY
Globalization trends, liberalization, and the recent financial crisis have attracted interest in the importance of bank credit and its impact on economic growth. In this context, the paper analyzes the role of commercial bank lending in economic growth in Russia, focusing on the cause-effect relationship between commercial bank credit and economic growth. The paper presents the statistical relationship between lending volumes and the growth rate of the Russian economy. Based on the recommendations of domestic and foreign literature on economic theory, the authors identified the financial indicators as the factors of economic growth: the volume of loans issued to individuals and legal entities, the real interest rate on loans, the dynamics of GDP and money supply (М2). The authors carried out data analysis to determine whether the domestic loans issued by banks had an impact on economic growth. Annual data, including 2012–2018, were used. As a result of the analysis of panel data, it was proved that loans generated by the banking sector influenced economic growth. The data obtained indicate that the increase in loans from commercial banks to the private sector directly influences the real incomes of the population. At the same time, the analysis of the series of dynamics of indicators confirms that the impact of lending on GDP growth and money supply during periods of shrinking financing of government programs is more effective than during the soft monetary policy periods.
2. Okuda H. Financial Factors in Economic Development: A Study of the Financial Liberalization Policy in the Philippines. The Developing Economies, 1990, no. 28, pp. 240–270.
3. Romer C.D., Romer D.H. Credit Channel or Credit Actions? An Interpretation of the Postwar Transmission Mechanism, Implications of Changing Capital Markets. NBER Working Paper, 1993, no. 4485, pp. 71–116.
4. Mikhalyuk V.I. Models of Economic Growth Stimulation (on Materials of Parliamentary Proceedings in the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation). Prakticheskiy marketing, 2015, no. 12, pp. 3–6.
5. Patrick H. Financial Development and Economic Growth in Underdeveloped Countries. Economic Development and Cultural Change, 1966, vol. 14, pp. 174–189.
6. McKinnon R.I. Money and Capital in Economic Develоpment. Washingtоn, Brooking Institution Publ., 1973. 184 p.
7. Aganbegyan A.G. New Model of Economic Growth of Russia. Upravlencheskoe konsultirovanie, 2016, no. 1, pp. 31–46.
8. Alekhin B.I. Russia’s Financial Structure and Economic Growth. Nauchno-issledovatelskiy finansovyy institut. Finansovyy zhurnal, 2017, no. 5, pp. 71–83.
9. Giblova N.M. The influence of monetary policy on economic growth in the context of instability. Bankovskoe pravo, 2015, no. 2, pp. 14–20.
10. Lavrushin O.I. Evolyutsiya teorii kredita i ego ispolzovanie v sovremennoy ekonomike [Evolution of the Credit Theory and the Use of Credit in Modern Economy]. Moscow, Knorus Publ., 2016. 394 p.
11. Semenyuta O.G., Danchenko E.A., Panchenko N.O. Market of products as a factor of stability of the banking system. Finansy i kredit, 2014, no. 2, pp. 2–9.
12. Dembilov O.E. The role of monetary policy of the Bank of Russia in the state’s economic development. Rossiyskoe predprinimatelstvo, 2015, vol. 16, no. 20, pp. 3387–3398.
13. Naumenkova S.V., Mishchenko V.I. Impact of the monetary credit system and the politics of the Central Bank upon the economic growth stimulation. Problemy sovremennoy ekonomiki, 2015, no. 2, pp. 168–175.
14. Soloveva S.V. Development of Credit Relations in the Real Sector and Economic Security. Problemy rynochnoy ekonomiki, 2017, no. 3, pp. 36–43.
15. Podkopaev O.A., Paukh Ya.V. The genesis of theoretical and methodological approaches to the study of the investment process and economic growth. Fundamentalnye issledovaniya, 2016, no. 12-2, pp. 453–458.
16. Zharkovskaya E.P. Finansovyy analiz deyatelnosti kommercheskogo banka [Financial analysis of activity of commercial bank]. Moscow, Omega-L Publ., 2015. 378 p.
17. Shirov A.A., Gusev M.S. Reasoning for adoption of a new model for economic growth. Ekonomist, 2015, no. 9, pp. 3–12.
18. The volume of credits, deposits, and other invested assets rendered to organizations, individuals and lending institutions: data for 2012-2018. Tsentralnyy bank Rossiyskoy Federatsii. URL: cbr.ru/statistics/print.aspx?file=bank_system/4-3-1_17.htm&pid=pdko_sub&sid=dopk.
19. Performance indicators of lending institutions: data for 2012-2018. Tsentralnyy bank Rossiyskoy Federatsii. URL: cbr.ru/statistics/?PrtId=pdko_sub.
20. Soloveva S.V. Development of Credit Relations in the Real Sector and Economic Security. Problemy rynochnoy ekonomiki, 2017, no. 3, pp. 36–43.