THE COMBINATION OF OWN AND DEBT CAPITAL IN THE FINANCING OF CURRENT ASSETS OF AN ORGANIZATION ON THE BASIS OF A FINANCIAL MODEL
The paper deals with the issue of combination of own and debt capital in the financing of working assets of an organization. The author considered the existing scientific approaches to this problem. There are no reasonable criteria for the choice of the sources of working financing in the theory and practice of lending. In this regard, the development of scientific methods to justify the feasibility of attracting loans for working capital is relevant. The author justifies the technique of calculating the elements of net working capital based on the value of base indicator and the change in the time of turnover. The paper presents the technique of calculating the index of the time of working capital turnover and short-term liabilities making up the net working capital: accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventories, and value-added tax. The author studied the technique of calculating the need for working capital by two methods: based on the marginal profit and leverage and based on the sustainable growth model in terms of long-term loans and non-current assets. The ratio of net working capital and own working capital depending on the time of turnover and the rate of change in the base indicator and the terms of settlements with counterparties are considered. Based on the financial model, the author studied the dependences between own working capital and net working capital and their impact on the need for loans. Using an illustrative example, the author calculated own working capital for the crediting period. Attracting loans for working assets is advisable in case of the lack of net profit for additional financing. The external financing can ensure the growth of assets resulting from the required increase in sales. Changes in the terms and conditions of settlements with counterparties may also cause the need for lending.
2. Zhilkina A.N. Upravlenie finansami. Finansovyy analiz predpriyatiya [Financial management. Financial analysis of an enterprise]. Moscow, INFRA-M Publ., 2016. 336 p.
3. Barngolts S.B., Melnik M.V. Metodologiya ekonomicheskogo analiza deyatelnosti khozyaystvuyushchikh subektov [The methodology of economic analysis of economic entities activity]. Moscow, Finansy i statistika Publ., 2010. 240 p.
4. Brigkhem Yu., Gapenski L. Finansovyy menedzhment. Polnyy kurs [Financial management. The complete book]. Sankt Petersburg, Ekonomicheskaya shkola Publ., 1997. Vol. 1, 497 p.
5. Oganova M.A., Garmash A.N. The sources of formation and the technique of calculation of need for working capital. Tavricheskiy nauchnyy obozrevatel, 2016, no. 7, pp. 159–165.
6. Dementeva S.Ya., Melnik G.N. Aspects of formation of accounting information about working capital. Tavricheskiy nauchnyy obozrevatel, 2016, no. 2, pp. 22–25.
7. Karaseva I.M., Revyakina M.A. Finansovyy menedzhment [Financial management]. Moscow, Omega-L Publ., 2015. 560 p.
8. Alikhanova E.N. Management of own working capital of an enterprise in the event of a crisis. Vestnik nauki i obrazovaniya, 2015, no. 4, pp. 143–146.
9. Syue M., Dikaya Z.A. Characteristics of the formation of working capital management policy providing production and sales process. Nauchno-tekhnicheskie vedomosti Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Ekonomicheskie nauki, 2015, no. 2, pp. 126–132.
10. Ivashkovskaya I.V., Grigoreva S.A., Kokoreva M.S., Stepanova A.N. Kokoreva M.S. Korporativnye finansovye resheniya. Empiricheskiy analiz rossiyskikh kompaniy (korporativnye finansovye resheniya na razvivayushchikhsya rynkakh kapitala) [Corporate Finance. Empirical analysis of Russian companies (corporate financial decisions on developing capital markets]. Moscow, INFRA-M Publ., 2018. 281 p.
11. Teplova T.V. Finansovye resheniya: strategiya i taktika [Financial decisions: strategy and tactics]. Moscow, Magistr Publ., 1998. 264 p.
12. Grebennikov A.A. The way of financing of working capital. Planovo-ekonomicheskiy otdel, 2018, no. 9. URL: profiz.ru/peo/9_2018/finansirovanije_kapitala/.
13. Ismagilova L.A., Mamaeva Yu.G. The ratio of own and credit assets of an enterprise as a mechanism of the development management. Izvestiya Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta, 2007, no. 1, pp. 144–154.
14. Kovalev V.V. Finansovyy menedzhment: teoriya i praktika [Financial management: theory and practice]. 2nd izd., pererab. i dop. Moscow, Velbi Publ., 2007. 1024 p.
15. Abryutina M.S., Grachev A.V. Analiz finansovo-ekonomicheskoy deyatelnosti predpriyatiya [The analysis of financial and economic activities of an enterprise]. Izd. 3rd, pererab. i dop. Moscow, Delo i servis Publ., 2015. 272 p.
16. Quartey P., Turkson E., Abor J.Y., Iddrisu A.M. Financing the growth of SMEs in Africa: What are the contraints to SME financing within ECOWAS? Review of Development Finance, 2017, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 18–28.
17. Freytag A., Fricke S. Sectoral linkages of financial services as channels of economic development – An input-output analysis of the Nigerian and Kenyan economies. Review of Development Finance, 2017, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 36–44.
18. Mann R., Martinovich V., Yakusheva O. The peculiarities of working capital management at agroindustrial enterprises of Ukraine. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 2018, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 260–268.
19. Simon S., Sawandi N., Abdul-Hamid M.A. A reassessment of the relationship between working capital management and firm performance: evidence from non-financial companies in Nigeria. Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 2018, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 249–266.
20. Benes J., Kumhof M. Risky Bank Lending and Optimal Capital Adequacy Regulation. Finance and Development, 2011, vol. 130, no. 11, pp. 249–266.