THE FORMATION OF A COMPLEX OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS OF A UNIVERSITY BASED ON THE RESEARCH OF PREFERENCES OF EDUCATIONAL SERVICE CONSUMERS
Modern scientific research emphasizes the rapidly increasing competition among educational organizations and the need to spread marketing processes to strengthen ties between organizations and their target audience. At the same time, experts in the field of marketing in education insist on the necessity to revise some marketing technologies and principles of marketing activities that have become traditional over the past few decades. In the authors’ opinion, in the conditions of the rapid development of technologies, new tools for the market promotion of products and services, including educational ones based on consumer preferences, should appear.
The study was carried out at FSBEI HE Sochi State University. As a method of the research, the authors selected a formalized survey, and namely a survey of the first-year students, applicants, and their parents. The survey allowed identifying the information collecting media preferred for the educational services consumers and performing the comparative analysis of the studied preferences of the applicants, their parents, and first-year students. The authors determined the preferred communication tools of gathering information about a university general for applicants, parents and first-year students – the Internet, friends, relatives, and the events within the university territory. The study defined the differences in preferences: for parents, communication during parents’ meetings is important; for applicants and first-year students, the prospects and other promotional materials have sense. The results of the study allowed developing a complex of marketing communications for the promotion of educational services (using the example of FSBEI HE Sochi State University) that can be recommended to the universities.
2. Kotler F. Marketing. Menedzhment [Marketing. Management]. Sankt Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2000. 896 p.
3. Bagiev G.L., Tarasevich V.M., Ann Kh. Marketing [Marketing]. Sankt Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2008. 763 p.
4. Golubkova E.N. Integrirovannye marketingovye kommunikatsii [Integrated marketing communications]. 3rd ed., pererab. i dop. Moscow, Yurayt Publ., 2017. 363 p.
5. Bernet Dzh., Moriarti S. Marketingovye kommunikatsii: integrirovannyy podkhod [Marketing communications: integrated approach]. Sankt Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2001. 864 p.
6. Smit P.R. Marketingovye kommunikatsii: kompleksnyy podkhod [Marketing communications: complex approach]. Kiev, Znannya-Pres Publ., 2003. 796 p.
7. Prosandeeva T.I. Marketing mechanisms in promoting complex obligatory purchase in the system of agroinsurance. Finansovye issledovaniya, 2016, no. 1, pp. 145–152.
8. Kim M.N. Advertising Campaign as Multi-Stage Process. Upravlencheskoe konsultirovanie, 2019, no. 1, pp. 79–87.
9. Kovaleva I.V., Chubatyuk E. The development internet marketing in the promotion product of market: theory aspect. Ekonomika i biznes: teoriya i praktika, 2019, no. 7, pp. 63–68.
10. Ananishev V.M. Marketing obrazovatelnykh uslug [Educational services marketing]. Moscow, Inzhener Publ., 2015. Vol. 8, 348 p.
11. Stukalova A.A. Evaluation of the means of communicative impact of the university educational programs on the target audience. Initsiativy XXI veka, 2013, no. 4, pp. 81–85.
12. Kaverina E.A. Organizatsiya reklamnoy deyatelnosti vuza [Organization of advertising activity of a university]. Sankt Petersburg, Knizhnyy Dom Publ., 2007. 184 p.
13. Kardanova K.A. Technology of promotion of educational services of higher educational institutions. Nauchnyy almanakh, 2016, no. 12-1, pp. 151–154.
14. Yakovlev L.S., Rangelova Ts.S. Prospects of Creative Advertising in the Higher Education System (Comparative Analysis of Russia and Bulgaria). Vestnik Povolzhskogo instituta upravleniya, 2016, no. 4, pp. 26–33.
15. Markina K.N. Special aspects of advertising and PR-promotion of educational services and institutions. Sborniki konferentsiy NITs Sotsiosfera, 2016, no. 58, pp. 10–13.
16. Nikiforova D.D., Nikiforova N.I. The problems of promotion of a university by means of an official web-site using the example of NICT FSBEI HE “KNRTU”. Sovremennye nauchnye issledovaniya: teoriya i praktika: sbornik materialov Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii. Sofiya, Izdatelska Kyshcha “SORoS” Publ., 2017, pp. 509–518.
17. Neretina E.A., Makarets A.B. Use of Integrated Marketing Communications in Promoting Educational Services of a HEI. Modernizatsiya obrazovaniya, 2013, no. 1, pp. 3–12.
18. Marochkina S.S. The technologies of PR-promotion of universities. Sovremennye nauchnye dostizheniya v gumanitarnoy i tekhnicheskoy sferakh: sbornik materialov Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii. Sochi, Mezhdunarodnyy innovatsionnyy universitet Publ., 2018, pp. 143–146.
19. Panchenkova L.S., Katsiel S.A., Antonina L.V. Marketing research of the believability of expectations of applicants for admission to a university. Vektor nauki Tolyattinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Ekonomika i upravlenie, 2019, no. 1, pp. 40–48.
20. Marochkina S.S. The promotion of a university and educational services by means of an official web-site. Druzhininskie chteniya: sbornik statey XVII Vserossiyskoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii. Sochi, SoGU Publ., 2018, pp. 247–253.