SPECIAL ASPECTS OF SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF SINGLE-INDUSTRY TOWNS OF THE REPUBLIC OF BASHKORTOSTAN
The problem of single-industry towns remains one of the most relevant and most complex due to the strong contrast between the levels of socio-economic development of single-industry municipalities. This phenomenon is especially typical for the Republic of Bashkortostan, where single-industry towns vary in population, the level of development of social infrastructure and industries.
The paper considers the social and economic problems of the functioning of single-industry towns of the Republic of Bashkortostan identified basing on their current economic environment, as well as the tools and mechanisms of support to these municipalities.
The author analyzes the modern criteria for classifying municipalities as single-industry towns. The analysis identified the criteria’s weak points: narrow criteria and rating formality. The author systematized the international and Russian experience in the field of managing the development of single-industry towns, identified the historical-genetic and civilizational features of the formation of monofunctional urban settlements systems and the features of urban development within the frames of various socio-economic systems.
The author assessed the indicators of socio-economic development and the current level of single-industry towns’ competitiveness of the Republic of Bashkortostan and equivalent areas and determined the main characteristic features of the socio-economic development of single-industry towns. The study identified the causes, limitations, and factors influencing the existing values of indicators of socio-economic development of single-industry towns of the Republic of Bashkortostan and equivalent areas. The author developed the classification of single-industry towns, analyzed the standard of living of single-industry towns of the republic. This analysis is important for the process of implementing regional development models, solving the matters of employment, internal migration, training, and retraining.
The author analyzed the introduction of new tools to support these territorial entities – the creation of the priority social and economic development areas, modernization of the existing industrial complex of municipalities with one city-forming enterprise.
2. Danilova S.N., Petrov A.M., Teyslina O.G. State regulation of the development of territories with special economic status. Vestnik Saratovskogo gosudarstvennogo sotsialno-ekonomicheskogo universiteta, 2018, no. 4, pp. 75–79.
3. Barry L. Town born: the political economy of New England from its founding to the Revolution. Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania Press Publ., 2009. 360 p.
4. Crabb T. Company town syndrome Australian CPA. ProQuestABI/INFORM, 2002, no. 8, pp. 11–18.
5. Uskova T., Nesterova A., eds. Monogorod: upravlenie razvitiem [Single-industry town: development management].Vologda, Institut sotsialno-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya territoriy Publ., 2017. 315 p.
6. Dulesov A.N., Bekhterev D.V. Classification on monocities their life cycle. Fundamentalnye issledovaniya, 2015, no. 10-1, pp. 161–165.
7. Around the statistics. The review of Russian single-industry towns. Institut kompleksnykh strategicheskikh issledovaniy. URL: icss.ru/vokrug-statistiki/obzor-rossijskix-monogorodov.
8. Ilina I.N., ed. Razvitie monogorodov Rossii [The development of single-industry towns of Russia]. Moscow, Finansovyy universitet Publ., 2013. 355 p.
9. Ryakhovskaya A.N., Polyakova A.G. Modernization of Russian mono-production towns: strategic goals of institutional reforms. Effektivnoe antikrizisnoe upravlenie, 2016, no. 4, pp. 54–65.
10. Administration of municipality of Salavat city of the Republic of Bashkortostan. URL: salavat.bashkortostan.ru/district/.
11. Turgel I.D., Bozhko L.L., Syuy L. Government support of single-industry towns in Russia and Kazakhstan. Vestnik finansovogo universiteta, 2016, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 22–32.
12. The state of labor market of the Republic of Bashkortostan. Informatsionnyy portal zanyatosti naseleniya ministerstva semi i truda respubliki Bashkortostan. URL: bashzan.ru/menu_items/364.
13. Key indicators of social and economic status of municipal entities. Territorialnyy organ Federalnoy sluzhby gosudarstvennoy statistiki po respublike Bashkortostan. URL: bashstat.gks.ru/main_indicators.
14. Maslova A.N. Monocities in Russia: Problems and Solutions. Kontury globalnykh transformatsiy: politika, ekonomika, pravo, 2011, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 16–28.
15. Arlanbaeva R.V. Single-industry towns: global experience and development prospects in Russian Federation. Ekonomika i upravlenie: nauchno-prakticheskiy zhurnal, 2019, no. 3, pp. 35–38.
16. Akhtyamov A.M., Vasileva R.V. Effective management of the monocity enterprise. Vestnik Bashkirskogo universiteta, 2014, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 486–491.
17. Vorobev A. The number of helicopter plants will reduce in Russia. Vedomosti, 2019, 10 apr. URL: vedomosti.ru/business/articles/2019/04/10/798721-rossii-sokratitsya-vertoletnih#galleries%2F140737489030593%2Fnormal%2F1.
18. Gusev V.V. Innovative company towns as potential points of growth of economy of the Russian Federation. Izvestiya Saratovskogo universiteta. Novaya Seriya. Seriya: Sotsiologiya. Politologiya, 2017, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 5–9.
19. Oborin M.S., Sheresheva M.Yu., Ivanova S.A. Analysis of State Support Results and Development Trends of Russian Single-Industry Towns. Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie. Elektronnyy vestnik, 2018, no. 68, pp. 211–241.
20. Ziyadullaev N.S., Lyasnikov N.V., Voronov A.S. Improvement of Labor Market State Regulation Mechanisms in the Context of Economic Modernization. Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie. Elektronnyy vestnik, 2018, no. 70, pp. 33–48.
21. Prusova V.I., Kovalenko N.V., Beznovskaya V.V., Kirillova V.O. Single-industry towns in Russia: problems and development perspectives. Mezhdunarodnyy zhurnal gumanitarnykh i estestvennykh nauk, 2017, no. 11, pp. 187–196.