FINANCIAL ASSETS ACCOUNTING IN COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY OF AZERBAIJAN COMPANIES
In the commercial activities of companies in Azerbaijan, operations with financial instruments are becoming increasingly important. The country has a Securities Committee; the Stock Exchange where the securities of commercial organizations are quoted has been created and now operates. To keep records of transactions and prepare financial statements for financial instruments, the corresponding regulatory and legal framework has been developed. At present, all socially significant and large formations, such as SOCAR, AZAL, AZERSUN, and others create such reports, based on International Standards (IFRS). Other commercial organizations apply national accounting standards (NAS). There is a slight conceptual and methodological difference between NAS and IFRS.
The paper briefly describes the requirements of IFRS regarding the nature of financial instruments, in general, and financial assets, in particular, and outlines the basic principles and procedure for the recognition and derecognition of the financial asset. The author considers the methods of initial and subsequent evaluation of financial assets depending on the purpose of business models of companies. Using the illustrative examples, the author tested the methodology of synthetic accounting of financial assets measured based on the amortized cost, fair value through other comprehensive income and profit and loss.
In general, in the context of improving international instruments for assets measuring and accounting, for the successful commercial activity of Azerbaijan companies, new approaches related to improving control over financial operations and checking their correlation with international standards are required.
2. Alieva B. The technique of internal auditing of an official institution. Ob itogakh deyatelnosti na 2017 god Auditorskoy palaty Azerbaydzhanskoy Respubliki: sbornik, 2018, no. 3, pp. 100–105.
3. Isakova S.I. The problems of financial instruments accounting. Mezhdunarodnyy bukhgalterskiy uchet, 2012, no. 3, pp. 55–62.
4. Mezhdunarodnye standarty finansovoy otchetnosti 2009 [International standards of financial accounting 2009]. Moscow, Askeri-ASSA Publ., 2009. 1047 p.
5. Makshanova A.V. Derivative financial instruments: the notion, types and main strategies of application. Molodoy uchenyy, 2014, no. 11, pp. 214–216.
6. Chymakov I.V. Concerning the essence and functions of the time financial instruments market. Finansy i kredit, 2009, no. 27, pp. 40–45.
7. Zhitlukhina O.G. Derivative financial instruments in the aspect of accounting and financial accounting. Vestnik Tikhookeanskogo gosudarstvennogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta, 2011, no. 2, pp. 62–71.
8. Astakhova E.Yu., Safonova I.V. Business accounting of the derivative financial instruments. Special aspects of option contracts accounting. Finansovyy vestnik: finansy, nalogi, strakhovanie, bukhgalterskiy uchet, 2010, no. 5, pp. 43–51.
9. Alekperov A. The strengthening of impact on the banking resourses economy, on financial markets as the important strategic priority. Finansy i uchet, 2018, no. 4, pp. 14–20.
10. Kerimov A. Bukhgalterskiy uchet, nalogi. Nastolnaya kniga biznesmena [Accounting, taxes. Businessman reference book]. Baku, CBS-PP Publ., 2019. 504 p.
11. MSFO: tochka zreniya KPMG [MFSO: KPMG point of view]. Moscow, Alpina Pablisher Publ., 2016. Ch. 3, 3583 p.
12. Rzaev G.R. Bukhgalterskiy uchet i audit [Accounting and auditing]. Baku, Gos. ekonomuniversitet Publ., 2006. 384 p.
13. Kontseptualnye osnovy standartov bukhgalterskogo ucheta dlya kommercheskikh organizatsiy [Conceptual basis of accounting standards for commercial organizations]. Baku, Gos. ekonomuniversitet, 2010. 198 p.
14. Khankishiev B.A., Aliev Sh.G. Bukhgalterskiy uchet i otchetnost v byudzhetnom nadzore [Accounting and reporting in budget control]. Baku, AzINKh Publ., 2013. 320 p.
15. Abbasov A.G. Perspektivy formirovaniya i razvitiya rynka tsennykh bumag [The prospects of formation and development of the securities market]. Baku, Bakinskiy universitet biznesa Publ., 2005. 251 p.
16. Soloveva O. Mezhdunarodnye standarty finansovoy otchetnosti. Kontseptualnye osnovy podgotovki i predostavleniya finansovoy otchetnosti [International Financial Reporting Standards. Conceptual basis of preparing and submitting financial accounting]. Moscow, Eksmo Publ., 2010. 288 p.
17. RA. Rules for maintaining accounting records based on international financial reporting standards and national accounting standards for commercial organizations: approved by the Ministry of Finance of Azerbaijan Republic dated the 30th January 2017. Gosudarstvennyy audit, 2017, no. 4, pp. 145–148.
18. Drankin A.P. The convergency of international financial reporting standards and federal accounting standards. Molodoy uchenyy, 2018, no. 44, pp. 70–73.
19. Korenkova S.I. The prospects of introduction of federal accounting standards for public sector organizations of Russia. Innovatsionnoe razvitie ekonomiki, 2017, no. 4, pp. 181–186.
20. Zimin A.I. Investitsii: voprosy i otvety [Investments: questions and answers]. Moscow, Yurisprudentsiya Publ., 2006. 256 p.